Lots of things have made me feel happy today, so I thought that I would share some of them with you all. Sometimes we are so busy thinking of the things that we have to do, we don’t see what we have done. Similarly, sometimes we get so preoccupied with things that we haven’t got, that we forget to appreciate the things that we do have!
- Today, for the first time in a long time, the sun is shining and it is very warm – 25 degree’s. I love the sunshine and the warm so this has made me very happy.
- I worked from home today. I am very lucky with my job to have the flexibility to do this sometimes. I was really pleased with the work that I produced – some days are just more productive than others. It meant that I didn’t have to commute and was able to work with little interruption.
- Due to the beautiful weather and working from home, I have been able to do several loads of washing, put them on the line and pick them in dry. There is something so much nicer about washing that has dried outside. I can now look forward to getting into bed with clean, soft, fresh sheets tonight!
- I have made arrangements with some good friends of ours for us to go out for a meal together on Saturday night. We haven’t been out with them for a while and I am looking forward to it!
- I spoke with another special friend today only to discover that she had a major health scare last month. She is recovering well – mostly because she has amazing spirit and determination. But, she inspires me with her positivity and appreciation of everything around her. You know who you are and I am sending thanks for you being in my life xx.
- I ordered some electronic cigarettes. I smoke, but am always trying to give up. I don’t like anything about smoking. So, hopefully, I can try this as a way of losing all of the bad things that are in cigarettes including the smell and the cost!
- I had smoked salmon with toast for my lunch – yum!
- I found out that after writing about Madness yesterday, they are playing the O2 again this year just before christmas. I will be there!
- I had an E mail from a friend in Tenerife that I met through Trip advisor giving me more blog advice and really appreciated it. Her blog is brilliant, it inspired me so much and is well worth a read: http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/
- I spoke with my little sister on the phone! She lives in Australia and I miss her heaps. Its always good to hear her voice. I am very proud of her and miss her millions!
- My granddaughter got her first tooth today!
- The plants in my garden are beginning to flower.
- My 12 year old son actually read my blog and left a comment!
- It’s exactly 9 weeks today until our summer holiday in Tenerife.
- My hubby came home from work and told me how lovely I am – just because!
- I have now had over 200 hits on my blog!
So, all in all it was a lovely day today for lots of reasons – and they are just a few of the reasons that I am blessed everyday.